Dementia Active is a community interest, not for profit company with an established track record in providing social activity groups for people who have a diagnosis of dementia.
Dementia is an illness which can isolate people from former friends. The value of spending time with others who can share this sense of isolation cannot be overestimated:
● We aim to create a sense of community where no one need feel apologetic or uncomfortable about not being able to do those things which in the past would have been straightforward.
● Conversation is encouraged - both socially, particularly when people arrive but also in more structured reminiscence sessions.
● Group activities are opportunities to be playful.
● The benefits overall are raised energy levels and improved cognition.
We offer a wide range of activities, for instance: topical discussions, gentle exercise, dancing, arts and crafts and every few weeks - a professional entertainer. A buffet style lunch with hot snacks is provided as well as drinks and biscuits throughout the day. Groups are small and have a high staffing to members ratio.
We are also able to, in some cases, offer local transport to and from sessions for those who have no alternative travel arrangements - from a £4 to £12 donation (depending on distance) to a volunteer driver.
We would need you to bring any products that you would usually need during the day, e.g incontinence pads, wipes, etc. The online form that you complete whilst booking your sessions will give us an insight to any personal care needs.
There is a separate room in the venue available for personal care.
We understand that not one activity works for all. We will take the time to get to know our Clients and develop individualised activities that fits their specific needs, over the sessions we will be running.
Let us know about your questions or concerns. We will get back to you as soon as we can. Email email@example.com
Upper Heyford, Bicester, Oxfordshire, England, United Kingdom
01869 713 913 07711891028 We can't always answer, so please leave a message or text. We will get back to you. ( Cancellation of sessions within 24 hours of the start time will be charged at 100% of normal session cost. Within 48 hours will be cha
and surrounding villages.
* Transport provided for full 4 hour sessions only. £4.00 charge is a donation towards fuel costs and is given to the driver of the vehicle